Become a volunteer - just a few hours a month can make all the difference!
- Help people and groups in your local community
- Find a different way to use your skills or learn some new ones
- Meet new people
- And, it's official! Volunteering is good for your health!
- We have a huge variety of opportunities including clerical work, gardening, management, theatre and museum stewards, drivers, catering, befriending, handyperson, charity shops and more.......
To see our current volunteering opportunities look in the local East Grinstead Observer and Courier, see a selection of opportunities on our board in the East Grinstead Library or visit the do-it.org website
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- you can apply online (for Do-It posted vacancies) or contact us directly by completing the registration form at the bottom of the page: enquire about as many organisations as you want!
- you may not be quite sure what would suit you - if so, just phone or email, and we can talk about it.
- we can put you in contact directly with the relevant organisation, or get them to contact you, or visit together - whatever you would like
WHAT TO EXPECT
- most organisations will have a registration form for you to complete, and they may take up a reference, or require a DBS (formerly CRB) check, which they will undertake. These actions are, of course, to protect both vulnerable people helped by the organisation, and their volunteers
- all organisations should have a Volunteer Policy which sets out clearly your rights and responsibilities, so you know exactly what to expect from them. They are often flexible about hours, and pay out of pocket expenses (travel costs and/or meal)
WHAT IF I START VOLUNTEERING AND FIND THAT I DON'T LIKE IT?
- Just come back to us, and we'll look for something else. We are very happy to keep trying!
Finding a volunteer
- We seek volunteers for all our member groups
- Contact us for East Grinstead CVS/Volunteer Centre membership forms or click on the becoming a member link
- Tell us about your volunteering opportunity
- We will look for a match from our database of potential volunteers
- We can advertise on the national Do-It volunteering website and in the local press
- When we find someone we think would be right for you, we will arrange an introduction
- We will follow up to check progess
HOW ELSE CAN WE HELP YOU?
- We can help you to put in place the supporting documents you need, eg volunteer policy and agreement
- Find out how to make the most of your volunteers' skills
- If we can help in any other way please contact us on 01342 328080
To use our volunteer centre services, groups need to be a member of East Grinstead CVS. Find out more about becoming a member and registering your volunteering opportunities.
|Vol Registration 2012-13.doc||27 KB|